Friday, October 31, 2008

Lucy's Picks

Happy Halloween everyone! I'll have a Halloween themed post up later today, but business first. As you might have guessed, it gets awful boring in the womb. Not much to do other than kick mom in the spine. By about month six, I was going stir crazy. But then I discovered the wonderful world of gambling. Here are my picks for this weekend:
  • Take Minnesota at -4.5 over Houston. I'm looking for a big game out of Adrian Petersen and Houston is pretty much running on fumes - Matt Schaub isn't the quarterback they thought he'd be and I just don't see them coming up with an answer for the Minnesota D.

  • Take Cleveland at -1.5 over Baltimore. I think this Cleveland team is finally clicking. The missing piece of the puzzle is Brady Quinn - if Romeo Crennel could just man up and bench Derek Anderson, this Cleveland team would be one to watch out for. The Ravens, on the other hand, are going in the wrong direction. They're going to drop this one by at least a TD.

  • Look for Detroit to lose to Chicago, but the 12.5 point spread is a bit much. Detroit did a decent job last week against Clinton Portis and the Redskins. Chicago will win, but won't cover.

  • Take Indy at -6 over the Patriots. Look, Peyton's attitude bugs me. Marvin Harrison apparently shoots people in his spare time. Reggie Wayne is hurt. Marlin Jackson is out. Mahatma Dungy may be losing this team. But Bob Sanders is back. The Patriots are up and down and I'm looking for them to drop this one big time.

  • LOCK OF THE WEEK: Pittsburgh in an "upset" over Washington. It doesn't matter who they start in the backfield. It could be Fast Willie Parker or journeyman Mewelde Moore. This Pittsburgh team is going places. Last week was an aberration. Mark my words, folks.

No comments: