Thursday, September 17, 2009

Showdown with Uncle Rick!!


I'm happy to report that I Drink Your Milkshake--my fantasy football team--crushed The Fighting McLuckie's [sic] by a final score of 104.8 to 69.1. Up next for I Drink Your Milkshake is the Indy Holy Rollers, which is managed by none other than my Uncle Rick (pictured below in a beret).


"I say, this non-football related periodical is mighty interesting."

ESPN projects Uncle Rick as the winner, but I've never put much stock in the opinions spewed forth by that rag. While I agree that this will be a closely contested battle, I have to think that I have a slight advantage at running back (Adrian Peterson and Steve Slaton), tight end (Dallas Clark), and defense (Pittsburgh). I'm also expecting big things out of Jericho Cotchery (Mark Sanchez will look to the veteran early and often), Isaac Bruce (who I picked up on waivers and will contribute immediately), and DeSean Jackson (with or without Donovan McNabb). Uncle Rick will be starting Tom Brady (who looked shaky against the Bills on Monday night) at quarterback and is relying on the unproven Darren McFadden and the inconsistent Larry Johnson at running back. Yes, he has Reggie Wayne, but Peyton will likely spread the ball around a bit more than he did last week. And his other big name receiver--Calvin Johnson--plays for the lowly Lions. He could easily be a bust this week.

Uncle Rick, you've punched your own ticket on this one. The I Drink Your Milkshake train is on a roll, and it won't be stopped by the likes of you.

Align Left

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Lucy, we are managing similar teams: I have Dallas Clark, Pittsburgh, Cotchery, and DeSean Jackson (but I think I will give the start to Santonio Holmes, as a replacement to Steve Smith).

Uncle Rick (the bearded) said...

My dear lovely and favorite niece,

Although you are cuter than is legal in 49 states, your fantasy team is about as shaky as your walking skills at the present moment.
What you don't know is that I just traded for the long armed monster randy moss and Marion the barbarian (the third). I will sadly crush you this week, but you should not despair, because everyone needs to learn the tough life lesson that we have all have to on occasion. You can't always win (as proven by Tom Brady), but we all must learn to graciously accept 2nd place...we don't accept third in this family!

Lou said...

COLLUSION!

Rege said...

Lucy- you should post your league's standings so we can see the full extent of your domination.