Sunday, December 20, 2009

In the spirit of the season, I've gone commercial



In case you haven't noticed, there have been some minor changes around here.  I've "monetized" this blog.  What does that mean, exactly?  Well, it means that Google is now placing advertisements on this site (below the most recent post and on the sidebar to the right).  When you click on one of those advertisements, this baby gets PAID.  So click away. 

Also, when I do book reviews or recommend movies, I'll be provided a link if you want to purchase what I'm talking about.  I get a 15% cut of any merchandise I sell via these links.  For example, I'll be doing review of Stephen King's Under the Dome: A Novel and the forthcoming The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris.  If you decide that you want to buy one of these books, simply click through and purchase it. 

What does a baby need with so much cash?  Well, I've got expenses.  I have stuffed animals and toys to care for.  Benedict the octopus needs fresh salt water every week or so.  Emilio and Esteban--my twin polar bears--need tacos and sombreros.  Francis, my car, needs oil changes and gas.  These guys are expensive!  So help a baby out and click on an ad or buy a book, OK?  And don't even get me started on Christmas presents.  I don't even know where to start with that.  What the heck do you buy for a stuffed octopus?

No comments: