Friday, December 25, 2009

Nice try, Santa




Christmas morning.  Is there anything better?  Not in my book.  I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.  And, man, was I excited.  I got even more excited when I saw the Christmas tree and everything under (and in the general vicinity of) it.

I immediately tore into the presents.  Surely, somewhere in this mess of Christmas joy was my lock pick set.


Hmmm, no lock pick set here


The slide caught my eye and I forgot about the lock pick set for awhile.  There was this dopey looking stuffed animal on top of it, but I just knocked him off.  I've seen slides at the park before, but I never knew you could get one for the living room!  I had to hand it to Santa.  I'm not sure what park he swiped this slide from, but I'm thankful.


Hey, thing, get off my slide!

But I wasn't about to let Santa off the hook so easily.  I asked for something specific, and he should deliver.  That's how this whole darn thing works.  If we don't stick to the rules, we're no better than the Europeans.


A bag of Chex-Mix and a tube filled with ball bearings?  Uh, thanks?

We got through all the presents, and surprise, surprise.  No lock pick set.  Another year, another unfulfilled wish.  Normally, this is where I'd launch into an anti-Santa tirade and remind him that I have a long memory and an Old Testament sense of justice, but it seems like he at least tried this year.  The slide is a definite winner, and I spent a good portion of the day climbing to the top and sliding down. 



Climbing to the top of my slide with a red block in my mouth.  Don't ask why.  It just felt right.

Oh yeah.  One last thing.  Santa left me a new friend, Professor Dogosaurus.  Professor D is a pretty good guy.  He's originally from Buffalo, New York and did his post-graduate work at Columbia.  I've already introduced him to Emilio, Esteban, and Benedict.  They got along fabulously, and I think we're all going to make a great team.  Me and Professor D are the brains, and Emilio and Esteban are the brawn.  Between you and me, Benedict is dead weight, but I keep him around for comic relief.


Hangin' with Professor D.

Overall, it was a great Christmas.  I got some great new toys.  I watched A Christmas Story on TNT at least four times.  Mommy, daddy, and Bailey played with me all day.  What more could a little girl ask for?

Oh yeah.

A lock pick set.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The Bickel girls want to know why on earth Lucy would want a lock pick set. She seemed like such a nice little girl when we visited before Christmas. I can only imagine that this strange request came about because of some negative influence in the home.

Julie Kirkhoff said...

I LOVE the dog!!! It looks like she was a good girl this year:-)