Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is the economy fixed yet?

I spent yesterday glued to the TV as I watched the Oscars the Inauguration of Barack Obama. Now, you may have guessed my political leanings from some of the content on this blog. And it's true. If it were up to me, we'd close the borders, allow cops to shoot fleeing suspects, pave the rainforests, and abolish all of this "foreign aid" nonsense we keep getting mixed up in.

But I'm not here to bash Barack Obama. I'm here to wish him success in his role as President of the United States because I am able to set aside my own ideologies and respect our system of government and the will of the American people. Unlike some people. I'm looking at you, George Clooney. And you, Sean Penn. And you, Madonna. And you, Oprah.

So good luck, Mr. President. If, by chance, you are reading this blog, please consider creating and appointing me to at least one of the following positions in your cabinet:
  1. Secretary of Afternoon Naps

  2. Secretary of Butt-Kicking

  3. Secretary of Hippie Extermination

As a gesture of goodwill, I would also like to serenade you with a song written by a true American. You'll notice that I'm not wearing a big stupid bow like Aretha Franklin did yesterday. Anyway, here we go. Ahem.


I'm gonna rise up

I'm gonna kick a little butt

I'm gonna kick some butt in the U.S.A.

I'm gonna climb a mountain

I'm gonna sew a flag

I'm gonna fly on an eagle

I'm gonna kick some butt

I'm gonna drive big trucks

I'm gonna rule this world

I'm gonna kick some butt

I'm gonna rise up

Gonna kick a little butt

Rock on flyin' eagle!

1 comment:

TezumakND said...

That's our chair - boosh!