Monday, March 2, 2009

Solid food is apparently not all it is cracked up to be

I went to the doctor today for a check-up and some shots.  I was going about my business, laughing and smiling, when this hack physician suddenly poked me with a needle for absolutely no reason.  I hadn't even insulted her yet, and she saw fit to jab me.  I turned to her and unleashed a furious scream the likes of which she has never heard.  Terrified, she stumbled backwards, mumbling that she was sorry.  I was about to really rip into her when she said the magic words to my mom: "I think you can start Lucy on solid food."

I had my first dinner all planned out by the time I was in my carseat: 
I could almost taste the juicy goodness, and I was doubly excited when we pulled into Target to pick up the ingredients.  But my mom skipped right over the meat aisle.  And the cheese aisle.  I was starting to get nervous.  My worst fears were realized when she picked up a box of something called Earth's Best Organic Whole Grain Rice Cereal.  Do I look like a granola eating hippie to you?  Well, apparently my mom thinks I do, because that slop was my meal tonight.  She mixed it with milk, so it turned into some sort of disgusting warm gruel.  It was like eating a bowl of mucus.  

And, to top it off, my parents actually filmed the whole affair!  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just more and more adorable. I'm very excited to show you off to all my friends because you are clearly the most beautiful baby ever to walk ND campus, or ever for that matter. <3 your godmother

Anonymous said...

I was half expecting to hear Lucy talking like a grown adult in that video, like her blog-persona.

This is one of the funniest blogs I've ever read, it's one of my first stops every morning - it was a great idea.

And just so you don't think I'm some creepy weirdo, I'm Regis Ryan's girlfriend, Lauren - he forwarded me the link you sent him, we both read it often... thanks for passing it along to him!

Lou said...

Wow. Two comments after a months-long dry spell. And from two people named Lauren!

Lauren #1: I can't wait to meet your friends at ND. I will then pass judgment on each of them and get back to you re: my brutal assessment of their respective shortcomings. Based on my feedback, you can then decide which friends to keep and which to jettison.

Lauren #2: Thank you for your dogged devotion to my blog. I promise that I will update more frequently in the days to come. February was a blur - I was on a month long milk-drinking binge. For a while there, I was drinking 32 oz. a day and hurling my empty baby bottles at anyone who tried to talk to me. But I'm much better now.

kate said...

Lucy, this might actually be the most adorable things I have ever seen.