Sunday, August 30, 2009

Countdown to Kickoff: 6 Days

Only six more days until the return of Notre Dame football. The wait is sort of making me go bonkers (see below).

My daddy suggested that I get involved in some sort of cause. You know, like helping the poor or volunteering at the Humane Society. "But Daddy," I said. "I already have my neighborhood outreach program. What else is there?" He told to look around and that I would be surprised to see what's out there. And, man, was he right. It wasn't long before I came across the most inspiring, wondrous cause. My jaw dropped in amazement and my bottle fell to the floor. I was so moved by what I was seeing that I immediately went through my daddy's wallet, took out his American Express card, and made a large donation. So what is this amazing cause, you ask?

Because you gotta nuke somethin'

After my daddy noticed the $4200 I donated in his name, he gave me permission to go back to obsessing about Notre Dame football.

So I've been amusing myself by watching highlights from last year. Maybe the most amazing highlights came from freshman receiving sensation Michael Floyd.




Mark my words. The lethal combination of Michael Floyd and Golden Tate will give fits to defensive coordinators, and I expect them to combine for over 3000 yards and at least 20 touchdowns. Anything less will make me angry. And you wouldn't like me angry.



2 comments:

Rege said...

Lucy,
I will get to see the Domers @ PITT on Nov. 14th. Any chance you are making the trip back to western PA?

Lou said...

I don't think we will be able to make it because of a vacation we scheduled for shortly after that. It would definitely be a cool game to go to, though. I'll let you know if anything changes.