Wednesday, December 24, 2008

T minus 1 day and counting ...

Christmas is only an hour away and I've already been given the greatest present that any six week old little girl could want: an Irish victory. And it isn't just shaping up to be a win. The Irish are embarassing "Hawai'i". So my Christmas wish has been granted. Thank you Santa and Jesus.

OK, down to business. Today, I'll be talking about the last of my favorite things about Christmas. Can you guess what it is? Christmas Eve mass. Lucy, you ask, what do you love so much about it? Is it the Nativity reenactment? Is it the singing of Silent Night? No, what I love is the fact that it gets mass out of the way and I don't have to go tomorrow. I get all day to play with my toys and watch TV! No mid-day interruptions for Lucy E. Perry! So while you're at 10 o'clock mass and checking your watch every five minutes, I'll be all snuggled up with my new possessions. Life is sweet.

Tonight's Christmas Eve mass was especially good because all the songs were not only sung, they were also signed. The mass must have been attended by many, many deaf people if they went to all the trouble to sign all the songs. Also, there was a woman with purple hair. I can't say for sure if she was deaf too. Probably.

Also, everyone seemed to make a big deal out of the fact that I got to play baby Jesus in the Nativity reenactment. Although I didn't have any lines, I did manage to not barf on Mary. So I guess it was a success.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: