Friday, December 19, 2008

T minus 6 days and counting ...

Things are moving along nicely. There are presents under the tree. I'm wearing socks that look like Rudolph. Every second is bringing me closer to Christmas. And with another day comes another post. To recap for those of you who are easily confused by the simplest of things, I will be making a post every day between now and Christmas. Each day, I'll tell you one thing I love about Christmas and why I love it so much. Yesterday's post was about Die Hard. Today's is about snowmen!

In Jewish folklore, a snowman is an animated being created entirely from inanimate matter. Having a snowman was seen as the ultimate symbol of wisdom and holiness. In many depictions, snowmen are perfectly obedient. So, for example, if I wanted my snowman to break dance, all I would need to do is ask him. However, in other stories, they are enormously uncooperative, and their creators often have to resort to trickery to deactivate them. So break dancing would probably be out of the question with that type of snowman.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of snow so far, so I haven't gotten a chance to build a snowman yet. But as soon as we get our first good snow (hopefully before Christmas), I'll be out that door and building my snowman faster than you can say: "Lucy! Stop! You don't have a coat on! And you're only six weeks old!" Nothing says Christmas like a snowman in the front yard and I will stop at nothing to make this Christmas perfect! In fact, even though I haven't built him yet, I've already named my snowman. He shall be called Dave.

Come to think of it, I may build an entire army of snowmen if we get enough snow. Think of all the break dancing that would be accomplished!



No comments: