Sunday, December 21, 2008

T minus 4 days and counting ...



We're getting closer and I'm getting more excited by the minute.  Today, we'll be discussing another of my favorite things about Christmas: Gingerbread Men!


I'm not sure what makes Gingerbread Men so great.  It is likely the ginger.  Or maybe the frosting.  Whatever it is, those little suckers are tasty.  I know that a lot of people think it funny to bite the head off of a Gingerbread Man (in fact, I bet you thought that's where this blog entry was going).  Not me though.  I like to start with the feet and work upwards.  That way, the Gingerbread Man is forced to watch me consume him until the bitter, bitter end.

Now, Gingerbread Men are really just the tip of the iceberg here.  You can also make Gingerbread Houses or even Gingerbread villages if you are so inclined.  In a perfect world, I would wake up tomorrow to find a whole Gingerbread village in my kitchen.  It would be populated by Gingerbread Men, Gingerbread Women, and Gingerbread Dogs.  I would pause and admire the craftsmanship and artistry that went into creating such a wondrous display.  Then, I would lay waste to it.  Gingerbread air raid sirens would blare and the Gingerbread Village would try to mount some meager defense to my onslaught, but it would be to no avail. Their gumdrop cannons would have no effect on me and they would be powerless to save their village and themselves.  All that would remain would be a stray pile of crumbs here and a dollop of uneaten frosting there.

Of course, all of this presupposes that someone would take the time to bake me a Gingerbread Village.  Mom?  Are you listening?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy, I do have to admit that I assumed very quickly that you would start talking about biting the head off of the gingerbread man. I must ask...without any teeth...how are you biting anything yet? I thought that you hadn't moved to solids yet. I'll see you tomorrow!

Lou said...

I have very strong jaws. Also, I eat solids when the parents aren't looking.