Saturday, January 30, 2010

Family Night was a success!


For the last few weeks, me and mommy and daddy have been kicking around some ideas for Family Night.  Now that football season is over (almost), we need something to look forward to on weekends.  Daddy wanted us to all to join a gun club, which I was all for.  Mommy, however, only selectively approves of the Bill of Rights.


Mommy's idea was for us all to help feed the poor on Family Night.  Both me and daddy had a good laugh at that one.  Finally, I spoke up.  "Look, folks," I said.  "Family Night should mean fun.  It should mean games.  It should mean great food.  It should mean a trip to The Incredible Pizza Company."

So The Incredible Pizza Company it was.  I had heard about this place on the radio, and it definitely lived up to its name.  There was pizza everywhere and games and rides galore.   Oh yes, there were rides.  Rides designed especially for little kids like me. 


The first ride I went on was pretty uneventful.  It was a sad looking alligator.  "Hey, fella," I said.  "Cheer up, why don't you?"  He didn't respond.  Poor guy.  I felt sort of bad, but then my mommy paid for the ride and I forgot all about whatever this guy's problems were.  Better him than me, I figured.


Next was a ride on the Merry-Go-Round.  There is only one word to describe this ride:  BORING.  I just sat there and spun in a circle.  I can do that on my own at home!  And it doesn't cost a dollar! 

Finally, I was allowed to go in the ride I'd been itching to get on all night:  the race car.


Oh man, was this a great ride.  It went around in a nice little circle and was reasonably fast.  That is, until my mommy frantically dragged me out of it.  See, I tried to climb out of the car because I thought it would be a good idea to try to stand on the hood like a stuntman.  Mommy, who can be a little bit of a spaz sometimes, jumped onto the track and dragged me out of the racecar.  Immediately after she dragged me out, she stopped paying attention to the racecar, which was making its rounds.  And then BAM!  The racecar hit her, and she stumbled forward, crying for my daddy to rescue her. 


So we got mommy off the track and gave her some ice cream to calm her down.  I patted her head because I knew that the racecar really scared her.  "Do you want to go home?" I asked. 

"Mmm-hmm," she nodded.

I turned to daddy.  "She's had a long day.  Maybe we should get going."

"Good idea, Lucy."

So Family Night was over.  Even though my mommy got hit by a car, I'd classify tonight as a raging success. 

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.