Sunday, November 16, 2008

Notre Dame vs. Navy: My Thoughts

Yesterday, Notre Dame beat Navy 27-21. I know it was a win, but I'm still not happy. Clausen is playing like garbage and our offensive line is best described as sieve-like. I meant to write about this yesterday, but I just didn't think I could reduce my thoughts to a tangible medium of expression. My many attempts resulted in multiple pieces that could be published on ESPN.com, but none were even close to blog-worthy. And then it hit me! Maybe what I was struggling to capture with the written word was better suited to be a stream-of-consciousness performance piece. And, unsurprisingly, I was right. So, without further exposition, here is my unadulterated reaction to yesterday's Notre Dame/Navy game:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Lucy, your words, or rather your non-verbal communication amazes me.

Lou said...

Yeah, what a disaster. I really think ESPN should hire me to provide in-game commentary.

See you at Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I can't believe how cute you are... but your mouth...

Lou said...

Reveal yourself, "anonymous"! And clarify your statement! What about my mouth? Also, I would like to point out your questionable use of ellipses. Ellipses suggest faltering or fragmented speech accompanied by confusion, insecurity, distress, or uncertainty. You seem to be using ellipses to imply that you have more to say. Your use of ellipses, however, instead suggests a trailing off into silence. You can do better than this.